Living in Toowoomba and the Darling Downs means hot summers and cold winters.
Home heating is seen as a necessity and more commonly, this takes the form of a
reverse cycle air-conditioning system.
A reverse cycle systems allows for cooling in summer and heating in winter.
It can be in one room or throughout the entire house.
In order for your reverse cycle system to operate at maximum efficiency,
we have developed a handy checklist for you to follow:
• Don’t waste money or time trying to heat an area too large for your system.
If you are unsure of the heating/cooling capacity of your Unit,
give us a call and we can help you establish the correct area within your home.
• Keep doors to rooms that aren’t being used closed. It may sound simple but
there is no point spending money on keeping the spare room warm if nobody will be
in there until Christmas.
• Keep curtains and blinds closed.
Heat can quickly escape through windows so to avoid this,
keep blinds closed and curtains drawn as much as possible.
• Use door snakes or seals to stop warm air escaping from under or around doors.
Also, keep external door closed as much as possible.
• When heating try to keep your system set to roughly 22 degrees.
The modern systems are very efficient when heating so monitor your comfort
as this may even get a little warm.
• Make sure your Unit is in tip top condition. Now is the time to consider
having your system serviced before the extreme cold of winter starts.
If you have any questions regarding this information, or would like to make sure your
system is ready for this coming winter, call us on (07) 4633 7382.